A classic masseria built in the early to mid 1800’s, which sits on a lot of 3 hectares with mature trees, citrus and olive groves. The land has a borehole for water and a large water tank for irrigation.
A cypress lined avenue leads to the main entrance of the masseria, which sits around a 1000mq courtyard. Entering the courtyard through the typical archway, the main house is on the right, approached by a classic double staircase (very typical of Chiaramonte villas). The villa is on the first floor and is about 250mq, with a large (restored) terrace of 100mq. The house is largely in its original state, with floors in pietra pece, elaborate doorways and vaulted ceilings. The roof has been recently replaced, and structurally the property is in good condition, though obviously the electrical and water systems are to modernize.
The villa comprises 3 double bedrooms, large living room, kitchen, bathroom, large entrance hall, and study.
On the ground floor of the villa is the original oil mill (frantoio) with the original fixtures, including the mill and press.
Around the courtyard there are outbuildings of about 850mq, which include a house of 100mq, (immediately habitable), an exchapel, and various other buildings, many of which can be easily converted into accommodation.
A second water cistern in the courtyard supplies the house with domestic water.
The masseria is 10km from Chiaramonte Gulfi, 7km from Acate, and20km from the sea at Scoglitti, or 25km from Marina di Ragusa, 15km from Ragusa and 5km from Comiso airport.
Shops and services are at Pedalino about 2km away.